Power Amplifier Module for Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGEThe SKY77365 power amplifier module (PAM) is designed for 2G quad-band cellular handsets supporting fixed gain Gaussian Minimum-Shift Keying (GMSK) and fixed gain linear Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE) modulation in the GSM850/900, DCS1800 and PCS1900 bands. Class12 General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) multi-slot operation is also supported.
The compact 3.0 mm x 3.5 mm x 0.8 mm module consists of GSM850/900 and DCS1800/PCS1900 power amplifier blocks, 50-ohm input and output matching circuitry, and a multi-function power amplifier control (MFC) block. The custom silicon CMOS MFC provides PA bias and product identification read-back capability and is fully programmable through the RF Front-End Mobile Industry Processor Interface (RFFE MIPI®).
The heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) power amplifier blocks are fabricated onto a single lnGaP die; one supports the GSM850/900 bands and the other supports the DCS1800/PCS1900 bands. Both PA blocks share two common power supply pads. The InGaP die, silicon die, and the passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The entire assembly is encapsulated with plastic overmold.
- High efficiency:
- Programmable bias for improved backed-off efficiency
- High linearity
- Low standby leakage
- Compatible with DC-DC converter
- Programmable Current Clamp
- Autonomous Over-voltage Protection
- Small, low profile package: 3.0 x 3.5 mm x 0.8 mm Max., 12-pad configuration
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (MHz)
- Power Amplifier Module for Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE
- Typical Output Power (dbm) GSM/EDGE
- Typical PAE (%)
- Typical Gain (dB)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 12-pad
- Package (mm)
- 3.0 x 3.5 x 0.8 Max.
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Supporting Design Information
- Explore ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.