Sky5® Mid- and High Band Front-End Module for 3G, 4G, and 5G ApplicationsThe SKY58085-11 Mid- and High Band Front-End Module (FEM) supports 3G / 4G / 5G mobile devices and operates efficiently in 3G / 4G /5G modes. The module has separate 3G / 4G / 5G PA blocks operating in the mid- and high bands, a silicon controller containing the MIPI® RFFE® interface, RF band switches, MB and HB antenna switches, bi-directional couplers, and integrated filters for Bands 1, 2, 3, 7, 34, 39, 40 and 41. RF I/O ports are internally matched to 50 ohms to minimize the need for external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes device standby time. IC die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The 62-pad LGA assembly, encapsulated in an 8.6 mm x 6.5 mm x 0.65 mm SMT plastic package, offers a highly manufacturable and low-cost solution.
The SKY58085-11 module is designed to meet stringent 5G NR and LTE advanced requirements where wider bandwidth (100 MHz) and carrier aggregation are utilized for higher data rates. The combined filtering, RF matching, and TRx switching internal to the module optimizes performance for popular Downlink (DL) CA band combinations, all in a compact and low cost solution. The module contains all needed components between the antenna and RFIC transceiver and are optimized for superior Rx sensitivity and Tx efficiency. Two ANT ports provide best flexibility to support multiple ANT configurations and ANT swap function. For the Uplink, the PA blocks support very wide bandwidth 5G NR operations: up to 60 MHz for n1 and up to 100 MHz for n41.
The SKY58085-11 is part of Skyworks’ Sky5® portfolio of revolutionary products for 5G applications.
- MIPI® RFFE 2.1 control interface w/ 1.8 V nominal supply
- Supports Envelope Tracking (ET) operation for EN-DC applications
- Two ANT output ports support flexible ANT configurations and swap
- Integrated pentaplexer filter for Bands 1, 3, and 40
- Integrated duplexers for Bands 2 and 7
- Integrated diplexer filter for Bands 34/39
- Integrated filter for Band 41F
- One auxiliary MB Tx outputs for external filters; One auxiliary HB Tx output for external filter
- Two auxiliary TRx ports to support additional bands
- Auxiliary Mid-Band antenna switch input for 2G Tx output from low band module • Integrated bi-directional RF coupler with cascade support
- All RF I/O ports matched to 50 ohm impedance
- Small, low profile package: 8.6mm x 6.5 mm x 0.65 mm, 62-pad Large Grid Array (LGA) configuration
- 3G Features:
- WCDMA, HSPA+
- TD-SCDMA, TD-HSPA
- CDMA2000 1x RC1, RC3, EVDO (Rev A)
- 4G Features:
- FDD/TDD LTE
- Uplink QPSK, 16QAM, and 64QAM
- Intra-band Uplink Carrier Aggregation
- 35 MHz (175RB) for Band 39
- 40 MHz (200RB) for Bands 1, 2, 3, 7, 40 and 41
- 60 MHz (300RB) for Bands 40 and 41
- Inter-band Downlink CA support
- 5G Features:
- FDD/TDD NR Bands
- Uplink QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM
- Up to 100 MHz APT and ET
- Mid- and High Band Front-End Module for 3G, 4G, and 5G Applications
- LGA, 62-pad
- 8.6 x 6.5 x 0.65
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.