Radiation Tolerant Phototransistor Hermetic Surface Mount OptocouplerThe OLS449 is specifically designed for high reliability and space applications that require optical isolation in radiation environments such as gamma, neutron, and proton radiation with a high current transfer ratio (CTR) and low saturation VCE. Each optocoupler consists of an LED and N-P-N silicon phototransistor that is electrically isolated, but optically coupled inside a hermetic six-pin leadless chip carrier (LCC) package.
Electrical parameters are similar to the JEDEC registered 4N49 optocoupler, but with a higher CTR and better CTR degradation characteristics due to radiation exposure.
The OLS449 is designed for a low LED operating current while providing excellent radiation tolerance margins. The OLS449 has 100 percent high-reliability screenings available.
- Radiation tolerant version of the 4N49U
- High current transfer ratio (CTR) is guaranteed:
- Over –55 °C to +100 °C ambient temperature range
- At LED current of 1mA
- 1000 VDC electrical isolation
- Same reliable processing and construction as the OLS249, but the a higher CTR
- High-reliability screenings are available
- CTR @ IF = 1 mA
- 6-Lead Hermetic Ceramic LCC
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.