SkyOne® LiTE Mid / High Band Front-End Module with 3G/4G Power Amplifiers for LTE ApplicationsThe SKY78188-11 Multimode Multiband Tx-Rx Front-End Module (FEM) supports 2G / 3G / 4G mobile devices and operates efficiently in 3G / 4G modes. The FEM consists of separate 3G/4G PA blocks operating Mid- and high bands, a silicon controller containing the MIPI RFFE interface, RF band switches, MB and HB antenna switches, bi-directional couplers, and integrated filters for Bands 1, 2, 3, 7, 34, 39, 40 and 41. RF I/O ports are internally matched to 50 ohms to minimize the need for external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes device standby time.
The IC die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The assembly encapsulated in a 8.6 mm x 6.5 mm x 0.8 mm, 62-pad LGA, SMT, plastic package allows a highly manufacturable, low cost solution.
The SKY78188-11 FEM is optimized for LTE Advanced, where Carrier Aggregation is utilized for higher data rates. The combined filtering, RF matching, and TRx switching internal to the FEM optimizes performance for popular Downlink (DL) CA band combinations, all in a compact and low cost solution. The FEM contains all necessary components between the antenna and RFIC transceiver and are optimized to provide superior Rx sensitivity and Tx efficiency.
Exceptional RF coexistence planning and system techniques are employed to minimize Rx de-sensitizing (“de-sense”).
For the Uplink, the PA blocks support very wide bandwidth operation by intra-band CA up to 40 MHz (200RB) for Bands 1, 2, 3 and 7, and up to 60 MHz (300RB) for Bands 40 and 41. The FEM also supports Downlink/Uplink CA.
- Paired with SKY78181 or SKY78185 Low Band FEM for a complete 2G / 3G / 4G solution
- Two separate MIPI® RFFE 2.0 control interfaces w/ 1.8 V nominal supply
- Multi-close antenna switches support a single antenna
- Integrated quadplexer filter for Bands 1/3
- Integrated diplexer filter for Bands 34/39
- Integrated diplexer filter for Bands 40/41
- Two auxiliary Tx outputs for external filters
- Three auxiliary TRx ports to support additional bands
- Auxiliary Mid-Band antenna switch input for 2G Tx output from low band FEM
- Integrated bi-directional RF coupler with cascade support
- All RF I/O ports matched to 50 ohm impedance
- 8 kV ESD compliant on both antenna ports
- Small, low profile package: 8.6 mm x 6.5 mm x 0.75 mm, 62-pad Large Grid Array (LGA) configuration
Images & Diagrams
- SkyOne® LiTE Mid / High Band Front-End Module with 3G/4G Power Amplifiers for LTE Applications
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.